Volunteer with YFU
YFU started as a volunteer initiative over 60 years ago, and we still hold true to this principle with our 12,000 volunteers across the globe. YFU is one of the few volunteer based International exchange programs, meaning we do what we do simply because we love it!
We offer you a unique volunteer opportunity. With our wide variety of volunteers from around the world, we are a diverse group that comes together with one mind and purpose: to change the course of an individual life. You will become a vital, integrated link in our program, allowing you to gain important career skills such as intercultural communication, leadership, planning, and more.
YFU wouldn't exist without our volunteers. Some volunteers are exchange alumni and host families while others are parents and college students. The connecting factor is that each one possesses different skills and gifts needed to make a successful, influential organization. We at YFU are so thankful for their time and energy. We want you to be part of our team as well and have a place for you to connect with our diverse service opportunities. If you enjoy working with people, you could work at an orientation or even interview prospective students and host families. If you like planning and organizing, you could work in an administrative department or help implement policy guidelines. Whatever your interests, we have a place for you to connect.
Our volunteers are young and old, men and women, students, professionals and retired
Together they are our 12,000 volunteers around the globe that believes in YFU’s mission and want to help to make the world a better place. Through YFU you get to support young people and families in making their journey through the exchange experience into a successful one. For this we need you from the application to the return, from local level to international positions, simply put it – YFU is built by and through volunteers!
- Learn more about the world
- Interact with teenagers and families
- Meet new cultures and teach about your own
- Support people with problem-solving and guidance
- Be an ambassador for a good cause
- Contribute to fight intolerance and prejudices
- Learn more about yourself
- Develop leadership skills
- Strengthen your skills in project management, mediation,
- planning, facilitation
- Interview students and families before acceptance to the program
- Organize orientations and seminars
- Provide local support to students and families
- Be active in marketing and promotional activities
- Coordinate activities on local and national level
- Contribute your time to different groups and boards
- And much more
How do I become a volunteer?
Get in touch with your National YFU Organization, and they will get you involvedConnect with Your YFU